1. What if I will not be able available to vote on May 25, 2021 during the voting hours of 12:00-7:00 p.m.? You have the option of voting by absentee ballot.
* If you want to vote by absentee ballot and have the ballot mailed to you, the application for an absentee ballot must be received by the Town clerk by May 18, 2021.
* If you want to pick up an absentee ballot at the Town Hall from the Town Clerk, the application for an absentee ballot must be received by the Town Clerk by May 24, 2021.
* Absentee ballots must be received by mail, or in person to the Town of Austerlitz Town Clerk by close of polls on Election day, May 25, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
* Reasons for being able to vote by absentee ballot are:
i. Being absent from the Town and County May 25, 2021 due to vacation, job or other duties.
iv. Physical disability
v. In the hospital
vi. Includes risk of exposure to COVID-19
2. How do I get an absentee ballot application? Applications for an absentee ballot are available from the Town Clerk during normal business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00-12:00 p.m. or through the above link.