Tax bills are mailed out at the end of December, beginning of January of each year.
- Payments will be received without penalty through January 31, 2024, or with a U.S. Postal Service Date Stamp of January 31, 2024.
- Payments made after this date should include the appropriate penalty due; amount can be found on your tax bill and changes monthly.
- Payments will be accepted through May 31, 2024, after which time the tax payer should call the Columbia County Treasurer for payment instructions. The Treasurer’s Office can be reached at 518-828-0513
How to Pay
Online: Taxpayers may pay tax bills online at View or Pay Bill Online. Only full payments will be accepted online. Simply enter ONE piece of information into the appropriate section and click “search.” Once you have brought up your tax information, the “Pay Balance” tab appears near the bottom left of the screen.
- Credit cards, debit cards and eChecks are accepted. Convenience fees will apply to all online payments and will be posted before payment consent is given.
By Mail: The Tax Collector will also accept payments by mail.
- Checks are to be payable to 'Susan Haag, Town Collector,' and mailed to Tax Collector, PO Box 238, Spencertown, New York 12165.
- Your original tax bill should be sent with your payment.
- Check the box on the bottom of the tax bill if you would like a receipt.
In Person: Payment of Town, County and Fire District taxes may also be made in person at the Town of Austerlitz Town Hall, 816 State Route 203, Spencertown, New York, Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 9:00 am-12:00 pm, and Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00 am-2:00 pm.
- Please bring your original tax bill with you.
Partial Payments: Partial Payments will only be accepted via mail and in person.
- The Tax Collector is only authorized to collect a maximum of two (2) partial payments; one (1) in the month of January and one (1) in the month of April.
- Any outstanding balance after January 31, 2024 will include penalty and interest.
- For any taxpayer choosing this method of payment, understand that no partial payments will be accepted in the months of February, March or May.