Town Historian Tom Moreland is available by email or phone (518-392-3260 ext. 306) to answer inquiries concerning any aspect of Austerlitz history, including genealogical questions. He is also interested in receiving for the Town any information, documents, photographs or artifacts pertaining to Austerlitz history or any of its prior residents.
The Austerlitz Historical Society, located at Old Austerlitz on Route 22 in Austerlitz, maintains a reference library for the study of local history. To make arrangements to visit the library call the Society's at 518-392-0062.
This page contains a short history of Austerlitz excerpted from the fuller history written by Tom Moreland as part of The Old Houses of Austerlitz, a book published in 2018 by the Historical Society. That book, available from the Society on CD-rom, also contains individual histories of each of the 168 houses and other existing buildings in Austerlitz that were constructed between the 1760s and 1888.